Definition of Lymphatic tissue
1. Noun. Tissue making up the lymphatic system.
Generic synonyms: Animal Tissue
Specialized synonyms: Faucial Tonsil, Palatine Tonsil, Tonsil, Tonsilla, Lien, Spleen, Lymph Gland, Lymph Node, Node, Adenoid, Luschka's Tonsil, Pharyngeal Tonsil, Third Tonsil, Tonsilla Adenoidea, Tonsilla Pharyngealis
Group relationships: Lymphatic System, Systema Lymphaticum
Medical Definition of Lymphatic tissue
1. A structure found within the lymphatic system that consists of lymphocytes within a network of fibres. (09 Oct 1997)
Lymphatic Tissue Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Lymphatic Tissue Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Lymphatic Tissue
Literary usage of Lymphatic tissue
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Text-book of Histology by Frederick Randolph Bailey (1906)
"In lymphatic tissue the cell is a much more important factor in determining ... In diffuse lymphatic tissue (Fig. 33) the cells are not closely packed and ..."
2. A Text-book of Pathology by William George MacCallum (1916)
"(2)—of the myeloid tissue Mixed-cell leukaemia. b—With slight or no escape of cells (3)—of the whole lymphatic tissue (diffuse) ..."
3. An introduction to pathology and morbid anatomy by Thomas Henry Green (1881)
"lymphatic tissue is the tissue composing the follicles of the lymphatic glands and the ... lymphatic tissue, wherever it exists, possesses the same general ..."
4. The Science and Art of Surgery: A Treatise on Surgical Injuries, Diseases by John Eric Erichsen (1884)
"Tumor composed of lymphatic tissue. Lw phoma. ... of tissue exactly resembling that of the follicles of the lymphatic glands, lymphoid or lymphatic tissue, ..."
5. A Dictionary of Medicine: Including General Pathology, General Therapeutics by Richard Quain, Frederick Thomas Roberts, John Mitchell Bruce, Samuel Treat Armstrong (1894)
"... manifested in the lymphatic glands; these are hypertrophied, and hypertrophie! lymphatic tissue is found in glandular organs, as tiie liver, etc. LYSSA. ..."
6. A Text-book of Physiology: Normal and Pathological. For Students and by Winfield Scott Hall (1905)
"lymphatic tissue is composed of two elements: 1st. ... The lymphatic tissue, or adenoid tissue, is frequently found in small quantities along the arteries ..."
7. Text-book of normal histology: including an account of the development of by George Arthur Piersol (1904)
"lymphatic tissue, wherever found, is composed structurally of two elements—the delicate connective-tissue reticulum, on the surface of the fibres of which ..."