Definition of Macaroni salad
1. Noun. Having macaroni as the base.
Macaroni Salad Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Macaroni Salad Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Macaroni Salad
Literary usage of Macaroni salad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Castelar Crèche Cook Book by Castelar Crèche (Los Angeles, Calif.) (1922)
"... with Cress 1 ^9 English Egg Salad Fruit Salad Salad of Mixed Fruits Ginger Ale Salad Honolulu Salad macaroni salad macaroni salad "M" Salad Frozen Salad ..."
2. Salads and Sauces by Thomas Jefferson Murrey (1884)
"macaroni salad.—Cover four ounces of macaroni with boiling water, season with salt and six whole peppers; boil twenty minutes, drain, but do not break the ..."
3. The Malone Cook Book by Mrs George Hawkins (1917)
"macaroni salad, No. i.— Take cold boiled macaroni, celery and olives. Marinate in French dressing seasoned with onions. Arrange on lettuce and cover with ..."
4. Housewives Favorite Recipes for Cold Dishes, Dainties, Chilled Drinks, Etc. by White Enamel Refrigerator Co (1916)
"macaroni salad 1 c. cooked macaroni. Yi c. chopped celery or cabbage. Yi c. shrimp cut in pieces. 1 chopped pimento. 1 small onion cut fine. ..."
5. Adventure Guide Maui by Sharon Hamblin (2005)
"Their most popular plate lunch is the Hawaiian Plate, with Kalua pork and cabbage, lomi lomi salmon, poi, macaroni salad and rice. ..."