Definition of Macho-man
1. Noun. A man who is virile and sexually active.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Macho-man Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Macho-man
Literary usage of Macho-man
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. No Escape: Male Rape in U.S. Prisons by Joanne Mariner (2001)
"If you do the sticking, you can still consider yourself to be a macho man/heterosexual, according to their theory. This is a pretty universal/widespread ..."
2. Treatment Services for Adolescent Substance Abusers by Alfred S. Friedman (1998)
"... "The intellectual"—hides behind words and ideas; out of touch with his/her feelings and emotions, therefore afraid to express self 9 "Macho man"—relates ..."
3. The Catskills Alive! by Francine Silverman (2003)
"Eric has the qualities of both macho man and Jewish mother. He was in construction, and virtually built the house from the ground up. ..."
4. Transsexuals: Life from Both Sides by Lynn Hubschman (1999)
"I'm not the jealous person, nor the foul-mouthed macho man I thought I had to be in order to be a man. I'm more at peace with myself and a more caring ..."