Definition of Majlises
1. majlis [n] - See also: majlis
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Majlises Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Majlises
Literary usage of Majlises
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. United Arab Emirates: A New Perspective by Ibrahim Abed, Peter Hellyer (2001)
"Thus, by well- established custom, rulers and other members of ruling families hold majlises or councils where subjects are invited to present petitions or ..."
2. The Life of Captain Sir Richd F. Burton by Isabel Burton (1893)
"Here also are the head-quarters of the Army and Police, the chief majlises or Tribunals, which represent our Courts of Law ; business institutions and ..."
3. The Inner Life of Syria, Palestine, and the Holy Land: From My Private Journal by Isabel Burton (1876)
"... the residence of the Wali and all the chief government authorities, the head-quarters of the army and police, the chief majlises, or tribunals, ..."
4. A Catalogue of the Collection of Persian Manuscripts, Including Also Some by Abraham Valentine Williams Jackson, Abraham Yohannan, Alexander Smith Cochran (1914)
"46-90; (6) Second Risalah (though not numbered so in this copy) containing the five majlises, or homilies, fol. 90-280; (c) Third Risalah (here numbered as ..."