Definition of Malus
1. Noun. Apple trees; found throughout temperate zones of the northern hemisphere.
Generic synonyms: Rosid Dicot Genus
Group relationships: Family Rosaceae, Rosaceae, Rose Family
Member holonyms: Apple Tree, Apple, Malus Pumila, Orchard Apple Tree, Cherry Apple, Cherry Crab, Malus Baccata, Siberian Crab, Siberian Crab Apple, Malus Sylvestris, Wild Crab, American Crab Apple, Garland Crab, Malus Coronaria
Definition of Malus
1. Noun. (business) The return of performance-related compensation originally paid by an employer to an employee as a result of the discovery of a defect in the performance. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Lexicographical Neighbors of Malus
Literary usage of Malus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Roman Private Law in the Times of Cicero and of the Antonines by Henry John Roby (1902)
"Vis does not include dolus malus: but dolus malus includes vis". Every part of this proceeding was characterised by dolus malus, both their forming the plan ..."
2. The Quarterly Review by William Gifford, John Taylor Coleridge, John Gibson Lockhart, Whitwell Elwin, William Macpherson, William Smith, John Murray, Rowland Edmund Prothero Ernle, George Walter Prothero (1814)
"Par EL malus. 4to. Par. 1810. Pp. 302; with 3 Plates. 2. ... In the present work of Mr. malus, there is less of absolute no- ..."
3. Manual of Petrographic Methods by Albert Johannsen (1918)
"malus found that the intensity of light, polarized by reflection from one mirror and ... Then by malus' law I = a cos2 a When a=?o or i8o°,cos a=i, ..."
4. Manual of Petrographic Methods by Albert Johannsen (1914)
"Variation in Intensity — malus' Law. — malus found that the intensity of light, ... Then by malus' law I = a cos2 a When a = o or 1 80°, cos a=1, ..."
5. Austria by Christopher Prinz, Gudrun Biffl (2005)
"Evidence on the Austrian bonus-malus regulation, 1997-2003 Source: Secretariat estimates based on data from the BMWA, the LMS and WIFO. ..."
6. The Complete Works of John Lyly by John Lyly (1902)
"SAPHO AND PHAO malus. I will reason with thee now from a place. Caly. ... malus. But thy maister hath homes. Caly. And so maist thou. malus. ..."
7. Miscellaneous Works of the Late Thomas Young by Thomas Young (1855)
"Nor was the remuneration of malus confined to empty honours only; he obtained promotion, from the liberality of the ..."