Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Maremma Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Maremma
Literary usage of Maremma
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Universal Geography: Or, a Description of All Parts of the World, on a New by Conrad Malte-Brun (1829)
"The maremma extends along a distance of forty- three leagues to the neighbourhood of Sienna, Pisa and Leghorn. It may be equal in superficial extent to ..."
2. The Cities and Cemeteries of Etruria by George Dennis (1848)
"The green maremma ! — A sun-bright waste of beauty — yet an air Of brooding sadness o'er the scene is shed ; No human footstep tracks the lone domain — The ..."
3. Nature, Or, The Poetry of Earth and Sea by Jules Michelet (1872)
"The landes of the Sorcerer 367 A journey through the Tuscan maremma 368 Its melancholy features described 368 Yet it possesses a certain beauty of aspect ..."
4. Days near Rome by Augustus John C. Hare (1884)
"Then it is— ' The green maremma !— A sunbright waste of beauty—yet an air Of brooding sadness o'er the scene is shed ; No human footstep tracks the lone ..."
5. Tuscany and Umbria by Emma Jones (2005)
"Parco Naturale Regionale della maremma S ince 1975, the Parco Naturale Regionale della maremma (maremma Regional Park, also known as Parco dell'Uccellina) ..."
6. Florentine History: From the Earliest Authentic Records to the Accession of by Henry Edward Napier (1847)
"PHYSICAL IMPROVEMENTS IN THE maremma AND VAL-DI-CHIANA, BY LEOPOLD I. AND II., AND FERDINAND III. As Peter Leopold of Austria was the first prince that ..."
7. The History of the Popes, from the Close of the Middle Ages: Drawn from the by Ludwig Pastor, Ralph Francis Kerr, Frederick Ignatius Antrobus (1894)
"In the whole of the Roman territory there is not another district so pestilential as this desert of maremma." Its air is full of deadly fever, ..."