Definition of Mattress pad
1. Noun. A protective pad over a mattress to protect it.
Mattress Pad Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mattress Pad Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mattress Pad
Literary usage of Mattress pad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Large Scale Coastal Behavior (1993) edited by J. H. List (1995)
"To keep records of: (a) Specifications for each mattress prototype and each mattress pad prototype manufactured. (b) Results of each prototype test and a ..."
2. Primary nursing technique for first-year pupil nurses by Isabel McIsaac (1907)
"To make the bed three sheets, two pillow slips, a rubber cloth draw sheet, a quilted mattress pad, a double blanket, four safety pins, and a counterpane ..."
3. Special Bulletin by New York (State). Dept. of Labor (1920)
"Whenever used in this article The term " mattress" shall include any mattress, pillow, cushion, down quilt, quilted bed mattress, mattress pad, comforter, ..."
4. Housewifery: A Manual and Text Book of Practical Housekeeping by Lydia Ray Balderston (1919)
"mattress pad.—Sometimes this is large enough to tuck in; if so, it should be stretched very tight so as to be free from wrinkles. ..."
5. Textbook of Nursing Procedures by Anna C. Jammé (1921)
"Place mattress straight on springs, cover with mattress pad; spread sheet with right side of hems uppermost, wide hem at top, allowing sufficient at head to ..."
6. Supplement ... to the Public Health Reports by United States Public Health Service (1921)
"... comforter, mattress, mattress pad, bunk quilt, or cushion, stuffed or filled with wool, hair, or other soft material, to be used on a couch or other bed ..."