Definition of Matzos
1. Noun. (plural of matzo) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Matzos
1. matzo [n] - See also: matzo
Lexicographical Neighbors of Matzos
matzos (current term)
Literary usage of Matzos
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. American Jewish Year Book by American Jewish Committee, Jewish Publication Society of America (1920)
"BC FRIEDMAN'S PE^T matzos BAKED IN PHILADELPHIA KNOWN ALL OVER THE WORLD FOR THE BEST KOSHER matzos Always Absolutely Uniform in Taste and Quality Modern ..."
2. "Aunt Babette's" Cook Book: Foreign and Domestic Receipts for the Household by Bertha F. Kramer (1889)
"Beat up a dozen eggs, very light; add salt and soak the matzos in the beaten egg. (It is much better to soak the matzos in milk first then in the beaten egg ..."
3. Reports Received by the Joint Distribution Committtee of Funds for Jewish by Felix Moritz Warburg (1916)
"4490 April 20, subsidies and matzos given to 230 Jewish soldiers of the Greek army on furlough, in Salonica, for pass- over 1500 May 1, ..."
4. Supplemental Digest of Decisions Under the Interstate Commerce Act by Herbert Confield Lust (1914)
"Bakery Goods—Mixture of matzos and matzos Meal. HELD, the provision in No. 50, permitting the mixture of mat- zos and matzos meal, should be restored. 562. ..."
5. The History of Bread: From Pre-historic to Modern Times by John Ashton (1904)
"These matzos look like ordinary large water biscuits, except that they are a ... It is now stamped and cut into the unbaked matzos, which are placed upon a ..."
6. Retirement Retreats: Or Which Concentration Camp Do You Prefer? by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1993)
"[H: Well, not to make matzos usually, but often the Satanists, who fall into the same category as spoken about here, do use the blood for other things. ..."
7. Interstate Commerce Commission Report by Robert W. Fyfe (1920)
"Docket No. 76, 25 ICC 442. Mattresses, Cotton— Sealy Mattress Co. vs. AT&S.F.Ry.Co., 49 ICC 405. matzos and matzos Meal— I.&S. Docket No. 76, 25 ICC 442. ..."