Definition of Mccauley
1. Noun. Heroine of the American Revolution who carried water to soldiers during the Battle of Monmouth Court House and took over her husband's gun when he was overcome by heat (1754-1832).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mccauley Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mccauley
Literary usage of Mccauley
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. History of Oakland County Michigan: A Narrative Account of Its Historic by Thaddeus D Seeley (1912)
"Since coming to Oakland county as a boy Mr. McCauley has witnessed many wonderful ... Politically Mr. McCauley is identified with the Republican party, ..."
2. Reports of Cases in Law and Equity in the Supreme Court of the State of New York by Oliver Lorenzo Barbour, New York (State). Supreme Court (1863)
"McCauley. lars, to be invested in stocks, and not transferable during the life ... EMANUEL mccauley. The requirement contained in section 149 of the code, ..."
3. Reports of the Decisions of the Court of Appeals of the State of New York by New York (State). Court of Appeals, Austin Abbott (1878)
"... all the judges concurred in dismissing the appeal on the ground that the order was not appealable. Appeal dismissed, with costs. BUTTON v. McCAULEY ..."
4. Proceedings of the ... Annual Meeting of the Fire Underwriters Association (1908)
"EUGENE C. McCAULEY The messenger that summoned our late friend and co-worker, Mr. EC McCauley, from labor to rest was merciful to him, inasmuch as it spared ..."
5. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Louisiana by Louisiana Supreme Court, Louisiana Court of Errors and Appeals, Merritt M. Robinson (1845)
"McCauley and Husband. the other is for the rent of a store leased to the plaintiff. ... 2204. Judgment affirmed. ELIZA ADAMS v. JANE McCAULEY and Husband. ..."
6. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1910)
"McCAULEY et al. (Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia. Feb. ... Bill by IL Park, who sues for the use of CD Bouman, against GW McCauley, executor, ..."
7. Palm's California Case Citations: Volumes 1 to 147 Inclusive : Also by California Supreme Court, United States Supreme Court (1906)
"McCauley v. Brooks. 16:11-65; 16-194; 17-557! 18-675: 19-184; 210, 274; 41-77; 45-151*0; ... McCauley, State v. McCauley, Van Valkenburg v. McCauley v. ..."