Definition of Measuring system
1. Noun. Instrument that shows the extent or amount or quantity or degree of something.
Specialized synonyms: Accelerometer, Actinometer, Algometer, Altazimuth, Altimeter, Atmometer, Evaporometer, Audiometer, Sonometer, Barometer, Bathometer, Bathymeter, Bolometer, Buret, Burette, Caliper, Calliper, Calorimeter, Chronoscope, Colorimeter, Tintometer, Counter Tube, Craniometer, Cryoscope, Declinometer, Transit Declinometer, Densimeter, Densitometer, Densitometer, Dosemeter, Dosimeter, Dynamometer, Ergometer, Electrodynamometer, Electroscope, Eudiometer, Gage, Gauge, Graduate, Gravimeter, Gravity Meter, Heliometer, Haematocrit, Hematocrit, Gravimeter, Hydrometer, Hygrometer, Dip Circle, Inclinometer, Integrator, Planimeter, Interferometer, Ionization Chamber, Ionization Tube, Katharometer, Kundt's Tube, Lidar, Log, Measure, Measuring Rod, Measuring Stick, Meter, Nephoscope, Octant, Oximeter, Pedometer, Pelvimeter, Photometer, Piezometer, Pipet, Pipette, Pitot Head, Pitot Tube, Pitot-static Tube, Pitot, Pitot Tube, Plethysmograph, Potentiometer, Quadrant, Microwave Radar, Radar, Radio Detection And Ranging, Radiolocation, Range Finder, Rangefinder, Refractometer, Rheometer, Scale, Weighing Machine, Sclerometer, Sector, Seismograph, Sensitometer, Sextant, Asdic, Echo Sounder, Sonar, Spherometer, Spirograph, Spirometer, Static Tube, Synchroniser, Synchronizer, Synchronoscope, Synchroscope, Tach, Tachometer, Tape, Tape Measure, Tapeline, Tensiometer, Tensiometer, Tensiometer, Thermometer, Horologe, Timekeeper, Timepiece, Tonometer, Torsion Balance, Variometer, Venturi Tube, Viscometer, Viscosimeter, Wattmeter
Generic synonyms: Instrument
Lexicographical Neighbors of Measuring System
Literary usage of Measuring system
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the American Chemical Society by American Chemical Society (1914)
"Here the measuring system is kept at a definite potential by the connection with the power circuit, and so is not free to come to the potential of the ..."
2. Methods of Machine Shop Work: For Apprentices and Students in Technical and by Frederick Arthur Halsey (1914)
"... of the manufacturing system—Basic features of the two systems—Effect of the measuring system on shop organization, workmanship and business policy. ..."
3. Machine-shop Tools and Methods by William Samuel Leonard (1908)
"MACHINE-SHOP TOOLS AND METHODS CHAPTER I TU K measuring system OF THE MACHINE-SHOP—STANDARDS OF LENGTH The British Yard.—A vast deal of time and energy have ..."
4. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"1416 Step Frequency Radar Cross-Section measuring system Department of Defense, ... Phone: (202) 767-3744 The RCS measuring system is an automated means for ..."
5. Specifications, Tolerances, and Other Technical Requirements for Weighing ...edited by Henry V. Opperman, Tina G. Butcher edited by Henry V. Opperman, Tina G. Butcher (1995)
"The "normal" test of a measuring system shall be made at the maximum discharge rate that may be anticipated under the conditions of the installation. ..."
6. Permafrost: Second International Conference, July 13-28, 1973 : USSR by Frederick J. Sanger, Peter J. Hyde (1978)
"The instrument comprises a pressure system, a measuring system, and a probe ... The measuring system comprises two measuring cylinders with d = 40 and 12 mm ..."
7. Elementary Machine Shop Practice by James Alfred Pratt (1921)
"Since the machinist must work to dimension, he must have a knowledge of measurement. The modern measuring system has been a process ..."
8. Utilisation and Reliability of High Power Proton Accelerators: Workshop by NEA Nuclear Science Committee (2005)
"Figure 5 shows an EM pump system manufactured for the corrosion loop and a measuring system to investigate its performance. The performance of the EM pump ..."