Definition of Medellin cartel
1. Noun. A drug cartel in Colombia; controlled the production of cocaine from the 1970s until 1993 when the leader was killed.
Medellin Cartel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Medellin Cartel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Medellin Cartel
Literary usage of Medellin cartel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Political Murder and Reform in Colombia: The Violence Continues by Juan E. Méndez, Americas Watch Committee (U.S.) (1992)
"In 1989, the medellin cartel was a very serious threat to Colombia's fragile ... The government's decision to focus all its efforts on the medellin cartel, ..."
2. The City and the World: New York's Global Future by Margaret E. Crahan, Alberto Vourvoulias-Bush (1997)
"New York became so important to the Cali cartel that, when the competing Medellin cartel began to encroach on its turf in the late 1980s, Cali operatives ..."
3. Mexican and American Responses to the International Narcotics Threat edited by Jesse Helms (1999)
"Where the medellin cartel was brash and publicly violent in their activities, the criminals, who ran their organization from Cali, labored behind the ..."
4. Drugs, Law Enforcement And Foreign Policy: Report By The Committee On by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"... described in detail to' the Subcommittee how he established a narcotics trafficking business, on Noriega's behalf with the medellin cartel. ..."
5. Nontraditional Organized Crime: Law Enforcement Officials Perspectives of (1992)
"DEA has identified two major cartels in Colombia: the medellin cartel and • the Cali cartel. According to the Department of Justice, these cartels • control ..."
6. Unholy Alliance: Priests, Rabbis and Conspirators Within the Temple of Doom by Gyeorgos Ceres Hatonn (1992)
"Del Cid's moment of glory came when he testified that he had given Noriega “envelopes and suitcases full of medellin cartel money”. ..."
7. Alternative Coca Reduction Strategies in the Andean Region (1994)
"Nevertheless, when successful police interdiction efforts against the Medellin "cartel" prompted the assassination of Betan- ..."