Definition of Memory device
1. Noun. A device that preserves information for retrieval.
Specialized synonyms: Acoustic Storage, Auxiliary Storage, External Storage, Secondary Storage, Buffer, Buffer Storage, Buffer Store, Disc, Disk, Magnetic Disc, Magnetic Disk, Mag Tape, Magnetic Tape, Tape, Computer Memory, Computer Storage, Memory, Memory Board, Storage, Store, Optical Disc, Optical Disk, Push-down Storage, Push-down Store, Stack, Recording, Register
Generic synonyms: Device
Lexicographical Neighbors of Memory Device
Literary usage of Memory device
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Manual of Patent Examining Procedure edited by J. Michael Thesz (1997)
"... (Claims were directed to a display/memory device which was prima facie obvious over the prior art. The court found that a higher memory margin and lower ..."
2. Phonics for English Reading, Spelling and Writing Streamline Express: Orton by Pauline M. Adamson (2004)
"This is a powerful memory device. The illustrations are praised and displayed and made into family "treasure books". A wall chart may be constructed of the ..."
3. Semiconductors: Industry and Trade Summary by Andrew F. Malison (1994)
"memory device An integrated circuit that stores data or information. memory devices are categorized according to accessibility (at random or serially), ..."
4. Criminal Psychology: A Manual for Judges, Practitioners, and Students by Hans Gross, Horace Meyer Kallen (1911)
"... nobody can avoid mnemonic, for whenever you tie a knot in your handkerchief, or stick your watch into your pocket upside down, you use a memory device. ..."