Definition of Merchandize
1. Noun. (alternative spelling of merchandise) ¹
2. Verb. (American English) (alternative spelling of merchandiserue); to engage in selling of merchandise. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Merchandize
1. [v -DIZED, -DIZING, -DIZES]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Merchandize Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Merchandize
Literary usage of Merchandize
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Digest of the Laws of England by Anthony Hammond, John Comyns (1826)
"wine from Trance brought into the port of London by way of merchandize, by a subject born, 4/. 10s. ; by an alien, 6/. ; into any other port by a subject, ..."
2. The Public Records of the Colony of Connecticut [1636-1776] by Connecticut, Connecticut General Assembly, Connecticut Council, James Hammond Trumbull, Connecticut Council of Safety, Charles Jeremy Hoadly (1880)
"tained, all such tea, goods, wares and merchandize, by him or ihem so imported or brought into this Colony shall be forfeited, one half to the Colony ..."
3. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sunnuds, Relating to India and by India Foreign and Political Dept (1863)
"On boats freighted with merchandize going up or down the river through the ... On merchandize passing in any direction by land, no other duties shall be ..."
4. A Selection of Cases on the Law of Sales of Personal Property by Samuel Williston (1894)
"... Bodies Politic or Corporate, such Goods, Wares or merchandize, so consigned, deposited or pledged, upon Repayment of the Money, or on Restoration of the ..."
5. The Life and Strange Surprizing Adventures of Robinson Crusoe, of York by Daniel Defoe (1790)
"... elfe before us at that time; for we had, all this while, our mip and our merchandize to ... merchandize ..."
6. A Treatise on Pleading, and Parties to Actions, with Second and Third by Joseph Chitty, Henry Greening, John A. Dunlap, Edward Duncan Ingraham, Jonathan Cogswell Perkins (1872)
"... buy of the said defendant a large quantity of goods and merchandize, ... merchandize so agreed to be bought as aforesaid, and which the said defendant ..."
7. The Travels of Ludovico Di Varthema in Egypt, Syria, Arabia Deserta and by Lodovico de Varthema, John Winter Jones, George Percy Badger (1863)
"THE CHAPTER CONCERNING THE merchandize IN MECCA. First we will speak of the merchandize, which comes from many parts. From India Major there come a great ..."
8. The Legal Rights, Liabilities and Duties of Women: With an Introductory by Edward Deering Mansfield (1845)
"merchandize, how transferred. this exemption of household goods from execution ... (166) merchandize, which is a name comprehending all that vast amount of ..."