Definition of Merckx
1. Noun. Belgian racing cyclist who won the Tour de France five times (born in 1945).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Merckx Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Merckx
Literary usage of Merckx
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Christian Remembrancer by William Scott (1852)
"Thienen : by PJ merckx. (The Song School: Songs for School and Life : liy II. ... Tirlemont: PJ merckx.) This is a rather curious example of the vernacular ..."
2. ARCO 12by Ed van Hinte by Ed van Hinte (2005)
"... company Vogtherr en vooral Arnold merckx die een Stempel zou drukken op went through in those years, starting in 1967 when Van Ast het productaanbod. ..."
3. Strategies for Sustainable Land Management in the East African Highlands by J. Pender, Frank Place, S. Ehui (2006)
"... merckx, and Palm 2002). In another study, annual application of 1.8 tons DM ... merckx, and Palm 2002). Although the collection of Tithonia ..."
4. Principles of Biochemistry for Students of Medicine, Agriculture and Related by Thorburn Brailsford Robertson (1920)
"... University of California Pubs., Physiology, 1906. Meltzer and Auer: Am. Jour. Physiol., 1905, 14, p. 366; 1908, 21, p. 400. merckx: Arch. Int. ..."
5. Pharmacology; Action and Uses of Drugs by Maurice Vejux Tyrode (1912)
"The experiments of merckx support the author's view that the hygroscopic action of salts is not essential in purgation. He examined the concentration of the ..."