Definition of Metaproterenol
1. Noun. A bronchodilator (trade name Alupent) used to treat asthma and emphysema and other lung conditions; available in oral or inhalant forms; side effects include tachycardia and shakiness.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Metaproterenol Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Metaproterenol
Literary usage of Metaproterenol
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... Tablets metaproterenol Albuterol metaproterenol Terbutaline С ... maximum 5.0 mg metaproterenol 50 mg/mL; 0.25-0.50 mg/kg in 2 cc of saline q 4-6 hours, ..."
2. Sample Preparation Products Application Bibliography (1993)
"Dispos., 11(6):568-573 (1983), Isolation and Characterization of metaproterenol-3-O-Sulfate: A Conjugate of metaproterenol in Human Urine. ..."
3. Solid Phase Extraction in Sample Preparation: An Applications Bibliography by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"11(6):568-573 (1983), Isolation and Characterization of metaproterenol-3-O-Sulfate: A Conjugate of metaproterenol in Human Urine. ..."
4. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... a drug from the class of substances resembling epinephrine (adrenergic drugs) is commonly added. Examples are metaproterenol and ..."
5. Code of Federal Regulations: Title 21: Food and Drugs by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"(iii) metaproterenol. (iv) Pirbuterol. (v) Epinephrine. (3) [Reserved] (4) Other essential uses, (i) Metered- dose salmeterol drug products administered by ..."