2. Noun. (Chiefly American English) the process of marking a stamp with a meter ¹
3. Noun. (Chiefly American English) the marking itself; franking ¹
4. Verb. (present participle of meter) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Metering
1. meter [v] - See also: meter
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Metering Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Metering
Literary usage of Metering
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Journal of the New England Water Works Association by New England Water Works Association (1906)
"I think that it reflects great credit on the intelligence and public spirit of the citizens, to vote as they did almost unanimously in favor of metering all ..."
2. The Modern Gasoline Automobile: Its Design, Construction, Operation and by Victor Wilfred Pagé (1917)
"303 is a metering type in which the vacuum at the jet is controlled by the weight of the metering valve surrounding the upright metering pin. ..."
3. Coping with an Oiled Sea: An Analysis of Oil Spill Response TechnologiesScience (1994)
"The metering, communications, and control requirements of a restructured ... As a result, the need to advance metering and monitoring technology seems to be ..."
4. The Modern Gasoline Automobile: Its Design, Construction, Operation and by Victor Wilfred Pagé (1917)
"CHAPTER VI Construction of Modern Carburetors—Schebler Model E—New Scheb metering Pin Type—Kingston—Ford Carburetor—Holley ..."
5. Dyke's Automobile and Gasoline Engine Encyclopedia by Andrew Lee Dyke (1920)
"4—There ia only one adjustment and that is the metering pin, ... Ordinarily the metering pin should be two-thirds the way through. fig. ..."
6. The Power to Choose: Demand Response in Liberalised Electricity Markets by International Energy Agency (2003)
"metering and Communication Topologies Radio Tx/Rx Meter device Automatic Meter Reading (AMR) has been the term traditionally used to represent metering ..."
7. Theory and Calculation of Alternating Current Phenomena by Charles Proteus Steinmetz (1916)
"CHAPTER XXXIV metering OF POLYPHASE CIRCUIT 299. The power of a polyphase system or circuit is the ..."