Definition of Microscopic anatomy
1. Noun. The study of microscopic structures of tissues and organs.
Medical Definition of Microscopic anatomy
1. The branch of anatomy in which the structure of cells, tissues, and organs is studied with the light microscope. See: histology. (05 Mar 2000)
Microscopic Anatomy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Microscopic Anatomy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Microscopic Anatomy
Literary usage of Microscopic anatomy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Anatomy, Descriptive and Surgical by Henry Gray (1893)
"microscopic anatomy of the Pons.—This presents the same reticular structure as in the medulla, consisting of longitudinal fibres continued upward from the ..."
2. The Anatomy of the Nervous System from the Standpoint of Development and by Stephen Walter Ranson (1920)
"microscopic anatomy Neuroglia.—Occupying the interstices among the true nervous elements of the central nervous system is a peculiar supporting tissue, ..."
3. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1864)
"By JOHN C. D ALTON, Jr., MD, Professor of Physiology and microscopic anatomy in the College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York ; Member of the New York ..."
4. The British Journal of Dermatology by British Association of Dermatology (1896)
"I expected that by following the case an opportunity would bo afforded me of investigating the microscopic anatomy of this important affection, but, ..."
5. The Annals and Magazine of Natural History by William Jardine (1847)
"... presented by BH Hodgson, Esq. to the British Museum, and forms part of a collection from Behar. MISCELLANEOUS. microscopic anatomy of the Shell of the ..."