¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Microsphere
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Microsphere
1. Tiny globules of radiolabelled material such as macroaggregated albumin, about 15 microns in size. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Microsphere Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Microsphere
Literary usage of Microsphere
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"One microsphere injection of either 125I or ... Immediately at the end of the 2- min prostaglandin D2 infusion, another microsphere injection was made, ..."
2. Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society by Cambridge Philosophical Society (1906)
"initial chamber (the microsphere) 17—19/A in diameter, while sections of the smaller form show that they sprang from an initial chamber nearly -5 mm. in ..."
3. A Treatise on Zoology by Edwin Ray Lankester (1903)
"In the protoplasmic casts obtained in this manner the form 1 The diameter of the microsphere varies in the specimens of /'. crispa which I have ..."
4. A Student's Text-book of Zoology by Adam Sedgwick, Joseph Jackson Lister, Arthur Everett Shipley (1898)
"... though at present inconclusive evidence, in favour of the supposition that the microsphere results from the conjugation of two zoospores. ..."
5. The Cambridge Natural History by Arthur Everett Shipley, Sidney Frederic Harmer (1906)
"... The fusion of their nuclei takes place after some delay: ultimately the zygote nucleus divides into two, a shell is formed, and we have the microsphere, ..."