Definition of Middle Atlantic
1. Adjective. Of a region of the United States generally including Delaware; Maryland; Virginia; and usually New York; Pennsylvania; New Jersey. "Mid-Atlantic states"
Middle Atlantic Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Middle Atlantic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Middle Atlantic
Literary usage of Middle Atlantic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Classical World by Classical Association of the Atlantic States (1908)
"... and why the territory to be covered by the Association was limited to the Middle (Atlantic) States and Maryland. The personal movement referred to above ..."
2. The Cotton Manufacturing Industry of the United States by Melvin Thomas Copeland (1912)
"middle Atlantic States Since the Civil War the number of establishments in the middle Atlantic states has diminished from 340 to 204. ..."
3. The American Geologist: A Monthly Journal of Geology and Allied Sciences by Newton Horace Winchell (1897)
"In discussing the correlation of the middle Atlantic Slop* Eocene with ... The author concludes that the middle Atlantic Slope Eocene is the equivalent in a ..."
4. Training for the Public Profession of the Law: Historical Development and by Alfred Zantzinger Reed (1921)
"... EXPERIMENTS IN THE middle Atlantic STATES 1. Columbia College /% MOST ambitious organization of higher education was projected JLX. in New York in 1784. ..."
5. Report of the Secretary of Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1894)
"This month was colder than usual in New England, tho middle Atlantic States, Florida, the Western Gulf States, and on the Pacific Slope. ..."
6. Maryland Geological Survey by Maryland Geological Survey (1901)
"This is particularly true of the Eocene of the middle Atlantic Slope where, as will be shown later, the range of species is quite different in certain ..."
7. Major and Minor Keys: Critical Essays on Philippine Fiction and Poetry by Ricaredo Demetillo (1885)
"Which are the middle Atlantic States ? (New York, New Jersey, ... They are called the " middle Atlantic States," because they are on or near the coast of ..."