2. Noun. (plural of million) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Millions
1. million [n] - See also: million
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Millions Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Millions
Literary usage of Millions
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Cambridge Modern History by John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton Acton, Ernest Alfred Benians, George Walter Prothero, Sir Adolphus William Ward (1907)
"estimates for 1814, drawn up by the Privy Council of Finance in November, 1813, contemplated a revenue of 312£ millions, and an expenditure of 405 millions, ..."
2. The American Conflict: A History of the Great Rebellion in the United States by Horace Greeley (1865)
"Its population, excluding the Aboriginal savages, had increased from Three to more than Thirty millions. Of its two thousand millions of acres of dry land, ..."
3. The Journal of Geography by National Council of Geography Teachers (U.S.) (1906)
"The imports from that country, as already indicated, were 176 millions, against 118 millions from Germany, IOO millions from Brazil, 90 millions from France ..."
4. Journal by Royal Society of Arts (Great Britain) (1860)
"In 1858 the total value of our cotton manufactures exported, including twist and yarn, amounted to 43 millions of pounds sterling. ..."