¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Millworks
1. millwork [n] - See also: millwork
Lexicographical Neighbors of Millworks
Literary usage of Millworks
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Gurley Manual of Surveying Instruments by Gurley, W. & L. E., Troy, N.Y. (1878)
"Modeling, Construction, and Managements of Steam " Machinery and millworks, applied Mechanics 5 00 Engine Boilers 2 00 ROPER. Handbook of the Locomotive ..."
2. The Monist by Hegeler Institute (1899)
"... so as often to take my breath away. Then I must go into the open air and away from all dusty rooms. " Like millworks they work, and like corn-crushers. ..."
3. Memoirs and Proceedings of the Manchester Literary & Philosophical Societyby Manchester Literary and Philosophical Society by Manchester Literary and Philosophical Society (1862)
"Svo Treatise on Mills and millworks, Part I.; by the Donor. London 1801. Svo The Motions of Fluids and Solids, relative to the Earth's Surface, &c.; ..."
4. Fraser's Magazine for Town and Country (1877)
"... and tissues of most kinds, machinen' and millworks, hardware and furniture, pay 20 ;-: cent, ..."
5. Fraser's Magazine by Thomas Carlyle (1877)
"... machinery and millworks, hardware and furniture, pay л1 ¡:Г cent, ad valorem. A few kinds of woollen goods pay only IO per cent., and some tw> r three ..."
6. The Resources of Modern Countries: Essays Towards an Estimate of the by Alexander Johnstone Wilson (1878)
"As a rule, all articles of English manufacture, including clothing and tissues of most kinds, machinery and millworks, hardware and furniture, ..."
7. Nietzsche and Other Exponents of Individualism by Paul Carus (1914)
""Like millworks they work, and like corn-crushers. Let folk only throw their grain into them! They know only too well how to grind corn and make white dust ..."