2. Adjective. (British slang) unclean or dirty ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Minging
1. ming [v] - See also: ming
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Minging Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Minging
Literary usage of Minging
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Publications by English Dialect Society (1873)
"... an admonition, warning, or minding; so it is usually said, 'I had a minging,' suppose of an ague, or the l,ke disease; that is, ..."
2. Narrative of a Voyage to the Pacific and Beering's Strait, to Co-operate by Frederick William Beechey (1831)
"As we stood in-shore, the temperature of the sea always decreased; the effect, probably, of the rivers of melting snow minging with it. ..."
3. Dictionary of Obsolete and Provincial English: Containing Words from the by Thomas Wright (1904)
"Ray says, " so it is usually said I had a minging, suppose of an ague or the like disease, that is not a perfect fit, but so much as to put me in mind of it ..."