Definition of Mining company
1. Noun. A company that owns and manages mines.
Mining Company Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mining Company Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mining Company
Literary usage of Mining company
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Supreme Court Reporter by Robert Desty, United States Supreme Court, West Publishing Company (1903)
"It was stilted in the agreed statement of facts that the Kennedy mining company on October 13, 1870, filed its application for patent in the United States ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1920)
"Bill by Anna E. Johnson and others against the Powhatan mining company, Incorporated, and others. Prom a decree dismissing the bill, the plaintiffs appeal. ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1912)
"EC Roberts, as a tenant of the Minnesota mining company, being in possession of ... The controversy is between the Minnesota mining company, claiming under ..."
4. Journal by Kentucky General Assembly. Senate (1865)
"An act to incorporate the Old Dominion Petroleum and mining company. ... An act to incorporate the Crow Creek and Cumberland River Oil and mining company. ..."
5. Treaties and Agreements with and Concerning China, 1894-1919: A Collection by John Van Antwerp MacMurray (1921)
"... mining company being hereinafter referred to as the " Chihli ... mining company has decided to contract a loan sufficient to enable ..."