Definition of Mistletoe cactus
1. Noun. A plant of the genus Rhipsalis.
Mistletoe Cactus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Mistletoe Cactus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mistletoe Cactus
Literary usage of Mistletoe cactus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Cactaceous Plants: Their History and Culture by Lewis Castle (1884)
"A warm dry position is required either in the stove or intermediate house, hnt the best known mistletoe cactus, R. Cassytha, can he grown under a glass case ..."
2. The Negro in the New World by Harry Hamilton Johnston (1910)
"TREES IN TRINIDAD FESTOONED WITH THE RHIPSALIS "MISTLETOE" CACTUS An epiphyte cactus which extends its range from tropical America to tropical Asia The ..."
3. American Gardening (1890)
"The genus rhipsalis, or mistletoe cactus (Figs. /- and jlf)—the fruit resembles the berries of the mistletoe—includes about thirty species, ..."
4. Cactaceœ of Northeastern and Central Mexico Together with a Synopsis of the by William Edwin Safford (1909)
"-mistletoe cactus (Rhipsalis cassytha). For a comprehensive account of the vegetation of the deserts of our southwestern States and of Mexico the reader is ..."