Definition of Misuses
1. Noun. (plural of misuse) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of misuse) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Misuses
1. misuse [v] - See also: misuse
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Misuses Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Misuses
Literary usage of Misuses
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readings in Industrial Society: A Study in the Structure and Functioning of by Leon Carroll Marshall (1918)
"SOME misuses OF THE POWER OF OWNERSHIP- . The ownership of the material equipment gives the owner not only the right of use over the community's immaterial ..."
2. A Momentous Question: The Respective Attitudes of Labor and Capital by John Swinton (1895)
"misuses OF CAPITAL. ]LL through the time of trouble we heard the snuffling of Pullman, the labor- skinning millionaire. He snuffled about the necessity of ..."
3. Handbook of Composition: A Compendium of Rules Regarding Good English by Edwin Campbell Woolley (1907)
"... misuses of Pronouns 6. In formal composition, avoid using you indefinitely; indefinite use, rather, the passive voice or the pronoun one. ..."
4. The King's English by Henry Watson Fowler, Francis George Fowler (1906)
"27. When I last saw him, (a singular fact) his nose was pea-green. 3. Common misuses. a. If two single independent dashes are placed near each other, ..."
5. A Treatise on the Law of Torts: Or the Wrongs which Arise Independently of by Thomas McIntyre Cooley, John Lewis (1907)
"... proceeds unlawfully or misuses or misappropriates the property taken by him, he will become a trespasser ab initia.™ Рог a mere non-feasance an officer ..."
6. Handbook of Business English by George Burton Hotchkiss, Edward Jones Kilduff (1920)
"... where wherever whether which whole wholly who's whose wintry wiry within without women world writing written 54 your you're Common misuses of Words 540. ..."
7. Our Bible: Its Origin, Character and Value by Herbert Lockwood Willett (1917)
"... XVII misuses of the Bible THE Bible has had varied and strange experiences. It has run the gauntlet of every sort of hostility, from the persecutions of ..."