Definition of Mobilisation
1. Noun. Act of marshaling and organizing and making ready for use or action. "Mobilization of the country's economic resources"
Generic synonyms: Assemblage, Assembly, Gathering
Specialized synonyms: Economic Mobilisation, Economic Mobilization, Rallying
Derivative terms: Mobilise, Mobilise, Mobilize
2. Noun. Act of assembling and putting into readiness for war or other emergency:. "Mobilization of the troops"
Generic synonyms: Social Control
Specialized synonyms: Armament, Arming, Equipping, Conscription, Draft, Muster, Selective Service, Remilitarisation, Remilitarization
Derivative terms: Militarise, Militarise, Militarize, Militarize, Mobilise, Mobilise, Mobilise, Mobilize, Mobilize, Mobilize
Definition of Mobilisation
1. Noun. the act of mobilising ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Medical Definition of Mobilisation
Lexicographical Neighbors of Mobilisation
Literary usage of Mobilisation
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Crime by Richard Grelling (1918)
"The reference to the Russian mobilisation in justification of the refusal of the ... Now suddenly we are told that the Russian measures of mobilisation ..."
2. Diplomatic Documents Relating to the Outbreak of the European War by James Brown Scott (1916)
"Reports concerning Russian mobilisation have caused Count Pour- tales to call the Russian Minister's earnest attention to the facf that an attempt to exert ..."
3. Diplomatic Reminiscences Before and During the World War, 1911-1917 by Anatolīĭ Vasilʹevich Nekli︠u︡dov (1920)
"CHAPTER IX THE BALKAN WAR, 1912 THE i7th (soth) September, 1912, the Bulgarian mobilisation was ordered simultaneously with the Serbian, Greek, ..."
4. Ordeal by Battle by Frederick Scott Oliver (1915)
"Russia ordered the mobilisation of her Southern armies, alleging that she could ... She demanded that Russia should cease her mobilisation, and as no answer ..."
5. With the Royal Headquarters in 1870-71 (1897)
"I. From the mobilisation to the Removal of the Royal Headquarters from Berlin to Mainz. 1. BEFORE mobilisation.—GERMAN PLAN OF CAMPAIGN. ..."
6. Black Student Politics, Higher Education & Apartheid: From SASO to SANSCO by Saleem Badat (1999)
"Conversely, the community development and other projects of SASO that I cover under "mobilisation and collective action" can well be seen as aspects of ..."
7. The Great War of 189- by Philip Howard Colomb, John Frederick Maurice, Frederic Natusch Maude, Archibald Forbes, Charles Lowe, David Christie Murray, Francis Scudamore (1895)
"mobilisation OF THE FIRST ARMY CORPS." CALLING OUT THE RESERVE. MEANTIME the mobilisation of that portion of the 1st Army Corps, which was not moved with ..."