Definition of Moderate breeze
1. Noun. Wind moving 13-18 knots; 4 on the Beaufort scale.
Lexicographical Neighbors of Moderate Breeze
Literary usage of Moderate breeze
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. On Three Several Hurricanes of the Atlantic: And Their Relations to the by William C. Redfield (1846)
"».moderate breeze and cloudy weather, with a heavy NE swell ; 2 p. ... Oct. 10th, moderate breeze from NW and clear; 6 AM increasing breeze and cloudy, ..."
2. Archæology of the United States by Samuel Foster Haven (1856)
"A moderate breeze in the evening from NE; weather cloudy. 17th. ... About midday, a moderate breeze sprung up from NE, but the night was calm, ..."
3. Transactions of the Bombay Geographical Society by Bombay Geographical Society (1856)
"moderate breeze and cloudy, Bar. 29.91, Symp. 29,45.—Sunset. ... moderate breeze and squally appear.. ances at Westward.—9. Wind increasing in heavy squalls ..."
4. The Great Frozen Land (Bolshaia Zemelskija Tundra): Narrative of a Winter by Frederick George Jackson, Arthur Hallam Montefiore Brice (1895)
"moderate breeze with heavy snow ; overcast sky. Light breeze, clear sky, no snow. moderate breeze ... moderate breeze ; a little snow ; cloudy sky ; warm. ..."
5. Natural History of New York by New York (State). Natural History Survey, James Ellsworth De Kay (1849)
"Commenced raining 4 pm moderate breeze. 2S. Few thin clouds. moderate breeze. ... 30. Morning cloudy. Light showers between 11 am and 2 pm moderate breeze. ..."
6. Narrative of a Captivity & Adventures in France & Flanders: Between the by Edward Boys (1831)
"... all sail was immediately crowded upon our little squadron, steering about SSW with a moderate breeze from the WNW; as the day broke, the Red- bridge ..."
7. A Memoir on the Equinoctial Storms of March by F. P. B. Martin (1852)
"moderate breeze and cloudy passed a steamer steering to the Eastward. ... moderate breeze & thick hazy weather. 6.30 ,50 51 Haze clearing away ; saw the ..."
8. Publications of the Navy Records Society by Navy Records Society (Great Britain) (1900)
"Defiance towing. San Lucar SE 7 leagues. moderate breeze and cloudy. ... PM—moderate breeze and fair weather. Defiance cast off the tow. ..."