2. Noun. (biology) A layer of tissue that is one cell thick ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Monolayer
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Monolayer
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Monolayer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Monolayer
Literary usage of Monolayer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"Purification of Neonatal Rat Pancreatic monolayer Cultures for Endocrine Cells (40657)1 WILFRED Y. FUJIMOTO Department of Medicine RG-20. ..."
2. Thin Polymer and Phospholipid Films for Biosensors: Characterisation with by Torbjorn Tjarnhage (1997)
"Another interpretation is that the well-ordered lipid LB monolayer changes into a less well-ordered structure when liposomes hit the surface. ..."
3. The Journal of Comparative Pathology and Therapeutics (1888)
"A normal monolayer of secondary calf kidney cells stained by H & E. X 185. Fig. 2. Secondary calf kidney monolayer 16 hours after infection with F46 virus ..."
4. Fission Gas Behaviour in Water Reactor Fuels: Seminar Proceedings, Cadarache by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (2002)
"In addition, the assumption of a single monolayer coverage for ns is reasonable considering that a monolayer is not normally exceeded with chemisorption. ..."