¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Monosomic
1. [n -S]
Medical Definition of Monosomic
1. Relating to monosomy. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Monosomic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Monosomic
Literary usage of Monosomic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. University of California Publications in Botany by University of California, Berkeley (1922)
"As a matter of fact we have isolated a monosomic tabacum derivative from this hybrid, an account of which appears as a separate paper entitled, ..."
2. Data Resources and the Plant Genome Research Program by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"C. Find a strain that is monosomic for a specific chromosome. Provide a phenotypic description of the monosomic strain. The same queries are important for ..."
3. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"He described techniques for inducing and selecting auxotrophic mutants in stable lines of monosomic hamster cells. Puck stressed that these techniques could ..."
4. Directory of Federal Laboratory and Technology Resources: A Guide to (1993)
"... in trisomie or monosomic embryos. Procedures are being developed that will result in the birth of viable aneuploid mice, particularly for chromosome 16. ..."
5. The Science and art of obstetrics by Sheldon Leavitt (1901)
"monosomic Foetuses.—In these there are two heads upon a single body. The varieties are, atlo- dymes, ..."