Definition of Montessori
1. Noun. Italian educator who developed a method of teaching mentally handicapped children and advocated a child-centered approach (1870-1952).
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Montessori Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Montessori
Literary usage of Montessori
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Readers' Guide to Periodical Literature by H.W. Wilson Company (1914)
"Is the montessori school based upon a misconception of the child mind? il. Cur. ... Limitations of the montessori method from a religious point of view. ..."
2. A Student's History of Education by Frank Pierrepont Graves (1915)
"montessori has carefully analyzed the process of writing and devised three ... It is evident, however, that montessori lays too much stress upon the ..."
3. The Normal Child and Primary Education by Arnold Gesell, Beatrice Chandler Gesell (1912)
"While the montessori Kindergarten, with its social features and its modern expressions ... The montessori ideas should at least go through a period of slow, ..."
4. Problems of Child Welfare by George Benjamin Mangold (1914)
"The montessori Method. The montessori method of educating children was developed by Madame montessori, an Italian physician, through her observations and ..."
5. Outlines of Child Study: A Text Book for Parent-teacher Associations by William Arch McKeever (1915)
"A Brief Sketch of Madam montessori and her Work. 62-1. 2. ... If there be an opportunity to do so have the montessori apparatus so that the members might ..."
6. The New Student's Reference Work for Teachers, Students and Families by Chandler Belden Beach, Frank Morton McMurry (1917)
"MARIA montessori Here is "the only example of an educational system inaugu ... In 1911 Switzerland established the montessori system in its schools, ..."
7. A Selected Bibliography of Books and Monographs on Education by Frederick Elmer Bolton (1921)
"montessori METHOD Culverwell, EP The montessori Principles and Practice. ... The montessori Method and the Kindergarten. US Bureau of Education Bull. ..."