Definition of Montez
1. Noun. Irish dancer (1818-1861).
Generic synonyms: Dancer, Professional Dancer, Terpsichorean
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Montez Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Montez
Literary usage of Montez
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bookman (1910)
"... montez"* Reading the story of Lola montez is like reading a vivid page from the eighteenth century, when adventurers of *Lola montez: An Adventuress of ..."
2. The New American Cyclopaedia: A Popular Dictionary of General Knowledge by George Ripley, Charles Anderson Dana (1861)
"The ministry was dissolved (1846), and Lola montez received the title. At this time she lived in state, having' a large pension and a splendidly furnished ..."
3. Records and Reminiscences, Personal and General by Francis Cowley Burnand (1904)
"CHAPTER IX "SO, UNCLE, THERE YOU ARE"—HOLIDAY TIME —LOLA montez—THE STORY OF THE BOOT- ... "That," said my father to me, "is the celebrated Lola montez. ..."
4. "Drifting About"; Or, What "Jeems Pipes, of Pipesville," Saw-and-did. An by Stephen C. Massett (1863)
"AT " Grass Valley" the late Madame " Lola montez" was residing in a very picturesque little " villa" guarded by a large sized " Bear," sundry dogs, parrots, ..."
5. Adventure Guide to the Sierra Nevada by Wilbur H. Morrison (2000)
"What to See & Do Lola montez House The Lola Monte;: House (248 Mill Street, -a 916-273-4667) ... With these words Lola montez accurately described herself. ..."