Definition of Moon about
1. Verb. Be apathetic, gloomy, or dazed. "Sam and Sue moon about over the results of the experiment"
Moon About Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Moon About Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Moon About
Literary usage of Moon about
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Advanced Part of A Treatise on the Dynamics of a System of Rigid Bodies by Edward John Routh (1905)
"MOTION OF THE moon about ITS CENTRE OF GRAVITY. 551. IN the theory of precession and nutation the earth is generally regarded as a ..."
2. The Autobiography and Correspondence of Mary Granville, Mrs. Delany: With by Delany (Mary), Augusta Waddington Hall Llanover (1862)
"... spent a very agreeable day, and came home, by the light of a bright moon, about 8 o'clock ... moon about ..."
3. Institutes of Natural Philosophy: Theoretical and Practical by William Enfield, Alexander Ewing (1811)
"This proposition would be true without any limitation, if the angular velocity of the moon about the earth, were equal to the angular velocity about her ..."
4. A Treatise of Fluxions: In Two Books by Colin MacLaurin (1742)
"2oj. fun, T the earth, CADB the orbit of the moon about the earth, C and D the quadratures, A the conjunction, ..."