2. Noun. (qualifier slang always with “the”) Hunger, especially a craving for food as a result of cannabis or alcohol consumption. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Munchies
1. hunger pangs [n]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Munchies Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Munchies
Literary usage of Munchies
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Splendid Wayfaring: The Story of the Exploits and Adventures of Jedediah by John Gneisenau Neihardt (1920)
"Who were the munchies and whence came they? That was indeed a puzzling matter; ... Doubtless the munchies were descendants of a small band of Roman ..."
2. Geology. by Jo Ellen Moore, Don Robison (1998)
"Feel the "munchies" again after they cool. (You may want to do the first stage of baking ... Important: As students are enjoying their metamorphic munchies, ..."
3. The Mercersburg Review by Alumni Association, Pa.) Marshall College (Mercersburg (1849)
"... the White Indians or munchies, who are far superior to other Indian tribes. In the same province, are found the ..."
4. The Virginia Handbook by Blair Howard (2001)
"Sandwiches, burgers and munchies are Second Street's forte, and the portions are plentiful. Accommodations Most establishments offer both ..."