2. Verb. (third-person singular of murther) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Murthers
1. murther [v] - See also: murther
Lexicographical Neighbors of Murthers
murthers (current term)
Literary usage of Murthers
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bloody Bridge: And Other Papers Relating to the Insurrection of 1641 by Thomas Fitzpatrick (1903)
"And as to murthers and cruelties comitted by the cruell Irish Rebells of the County of Down and province of Ulster, upon the Protestants, this deponent ..."
2. Enchiridion: Containing Institutions--divine: Contemplative, Practical by Francis Quarles (1856)
"... and the will: the understanding begets it, the will brings it forth: he that performes it, delivers the mother : he that breakes it, murthers the child. ..."
3. Ancient Criminal Trials in Scotland by Robert Pitcairn (1833)
"... as could hardly be expected, in fo covered and crafty murthers. V. ILLUSTRATIONS relative to the POPULAR SUPERSTITION of touching the Corpse of a ..."