Definition of Narcissus papyraceus
1. Noun. A daffodil having star-shaped white blossoms; often grown indoors to bloom in the winter.
Narcissus Papyraceus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Narcissus Papyraceus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Narcissus Papyraceus
Literary usage of Narcissus papyraceus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Curtis's Botanical Magazine, Or, Flower-garden Displayed by John Sims (1806)
"narcissus papyraceus(OÍ). ITALIAN OR PAPER-WHITE NARCISSUS. Oafs and Order. ... NARCISSUS papyraceus (flamina adnata tria ..."
2. Researches about Atmospheric Phaenomena by Thomas Forster (1823)
"narcissus papyraceus of Curtis again in blow; it flowered on the 24th of February last. 2d.—lynx torquilla the Wryneck heard. 3d. ..."
3. The English Gardener, Or, A Treatise on the Situation, Soil, Enclosing and ...by William Cobbett by William Cobbett (1829)
"... and relative to the blowing of them in beds, in pots and in glasses.—The PAPER WHITE.—Lat. narcissus papyraceus.—the JONQUIL.—Lat. Narcissus Jonquilla. ..."
4. American Gardening (1895)
"... by which time we shall have them outside of the window in profusion. The Paper White Narcissus. narcissus papyraceus has been blooming m our ..."