Definition of Nasal meatus
1. Noun. The passages in the nasal cavity formed by the projections of the nasal conchae.
Medical Definition of Nasal meatus
1. Any of three passages in the nasal cavity formed by the projection of the conchae: middle nasal meatus, lies below the inferior concha; middle nasal meatus, lies between the middle and inferior conchae; superior nasal meatus, lies between the superior and middle conchae. Synonym: meatus nasi. (05 Mar 2000)
Nasal Meatus Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nasal Meatus Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nasal Meatus
Literary usage of Nasal meatus
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the American Ophthalmological Society Annual Meeting by American Ophthalmological Society (1908)
"scopic examination showed a very swollen mucous membrane and pus coming from the superior nasal meatus. Trans-illumination of the maxillary antrum and ..."
2. The Laryngoscope by American Laryngological, Rhinological, and Otological Society (1901)
"The inferior nasal meatus. 16. The middle nasal meatus. 17. The superior nasal meatus. 18. The right and left nostrils. 19. The superior maxillary bone, ..."
3. Answers to questions prescribed by medical state boards by Robert Borneman Ludy (1905)
"Anterior and middle ethmoidal cells open into middle nasal meatus: posterior ethmoidal cells open into superior nasal meatus. Sphenoidal cells (or sinuses) ..."