2. Adjective. (medicine) ''Specifically'', pertaining to nasogastric intubation, wherein a tube is inserted through the nostril, past the throat, and into the stomach. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nasogastric
Medical Definition of Nasogastric
1. Pertaining to or involving the nasal passages and the stomach, as in nasogastric intubation. (05 Mar 2000)
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nasogastric
Literary usage of Nasogastric
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Operative Gynecologic Laparoscopy: Principles and Techniques by Camran Nezhat (2000)
"Preoperative stabilization with fluids, electrolytes, and nasogastric ... This complication can be eliminated by using a nasogastric tube intraoperatively. ..."
2. Report of the Surgeon Generals Workshop on Children With HIV Infection And edited by Benjamin K. Silverman, Anthony Waddell (1987)
"Where this goal cannot be achieved by oral feedings, one has to consider nasogastric feeding or intravenous hyper- alimentation. ..."
3. A Lifelong Passion: Nicholas and Alexandra: Their Own Story by Andrei Maylunas (2005)
"... and duration of surgery, type of surgical wound, complexity of the procedure, use of flaps, blood replacement and the use of drains, nasogastric tubes, ..."