Definition of Navy seal
1. Noun. A member of a Naval Special Warfare unit who is trained for unconventional warfare. "SEAL is an acronym for Sea Air and Land"
Group relationships: Naval Special Warfare, Nsw
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
Generic synonyms: Bluejacket, Navy Man, Sailor, Sailor Boy
Navy Seal Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Navy Seal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Navy Seal
Literary usage of Navy seal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Strategic Transformation and Naval Power in the 21st Century by Pelham G. Boyer, Robert S. Wood (1998)
"He also did not include the .projection of counterterrorism Navy SEAL teams (although he would today).22 The Future. The Navy is continuing to develop its ..."
2. Proceedings of the United States Naval Instituteby United States Naval Institute by United States Naval Institute (1903)
"SAFETY UNDER HIGH PRESSURE. R. L CHANCE Accessibility. PRACTICAL JEWELER 30 Main Street, Annapolis, Md. and exclusive dealer in New US Navy SEAL ..."
3. The New Route of Commerce by the Isthmus of Tehuantepec: A Paper Read Before by Simon Stevens (1871)
"... and of the Independence of the United States the Ninety-Six. (Signed) GEO. M. ROBESON, Secretary of the Navy. Seal of Navy Dept. ..."
4. Environmental Information for Naval Warfare by National Academy of Engineering, Inc NetLibrary (2003)
"... weapons systems (whose efficiency and effectiveness can be influenced by environmental conditions) and small naval units, such as Navy SEAL teams, ..."