Definition of Nebuchadrezzar ii
1. Noun. (Old Testament) king of Chaldea who captured and destroyed Jerusalem and exiled the Israelites to Babylonia (630?-562 BC).
Category relationships: Old Testament
Generic synonyms: King, Male Monarch, Rex
Nebuchadrezzar Ii Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nebuchadrezzar Ii Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nebuchadrezzar Ii
Literary usage of Nebuchadrezzar ii
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: Embracing by Johann Jakob Herzog, Philip Schaff, Albert Hauck (1908)
"Nebuchadrezzar II (604-562 BC) has left many inscriptions, which, like his father's, tell little of battles and campaigns and much of his constructive ..."
2. The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia by James Orr (1915)
"He was succeeded by his son, Nebuchadrezzar II, who like Hammurabi and Sargon is among the greatest, known characters in Bab history. He is the Bib. ..."
3. Proceedings by Society of Biblical Archæology (London, England), Society of Biblical Archæology (London, England). (1888)
"CJ Ball :— INSCRIPTIONS OF nebuchadrezzar ii. I. THE INDIA HOUSE INSCRIPTION. The authentic personal records of the king who built Babylon and razed ..."
4. Putnam's Handbook of Universal History: A Series of Chronological Tables by George Palmer Putnam (1914)
"First taking of Jerusalem by Nebuchadrezzar II. 586 1• " (587 »). Final destruction of Jerusalem by Nebuchadrezzar II. and end of kingdom of Judah. ..."
5. The Babylonian Expedition of the University of Pennsylvania. by Hermann Vollrat Hilprecht (1893)
"Nebuchadrezzar II. DESCRIPTION. 63 are not quoted as variants (cf. also Strassmaier in ZA IV, pp. 106-113, and Winckler in Schrader's ..."
6. Records of the Past by Records of the Past Exploration Society (1905)
"EAST INDIA HOUSE INSCRIPTION The East India House inscription of Nebuchadrezzar II (605-562 BC), containing an account of the king's building operations; ..."
7. The Monuments and the Old Testament: Oriental Light on Holy Writ by Ira Maurice Price (1907)
"Nebuchadrezzar II, Cameo of, - - - - 238 Nebuchadrezzar II, East India House Inscription of - 216 From Boscawen, The Bible and the Monuments: by permission ..."