Definition of Needle biopsy
1. Noun. Biopsy of deep tissue that is obtained through a hollow needle.
Medical Definition of Needle biopsy
1. Removal of a sample of tissue from the breast using a wide-core needle with suction. (09 Oct 1997)
Needle Biopsy Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Needle Biopsy Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Needle Biopsy
Literary usage of Needle biopsy
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Quality Determinants Of Mammography: Clinical Practice Guideline by Lawrence W. Bassett, R. Edward Hendrick (2004)
"Stereotactically guided needle biopsy and ultrasound guided needle biopsy are accurate and less expensive alternatives to open biopsy. ..."
2. Guide to Clinical Preventive Services: Report of the U. S. Preventive by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Even the PPV is subject to uncertainty because of the inaccuracies of the usual reference standard. needle biopsy, the typical reference standard used for ..."
3. Asbestos Publications Produced by the National Institute for Occupational by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"needle biopsy specimens are insufficient for tissue diagnosis, since tissue specimens so obtained might not include malignant changes (although such changes ..."
4. Costs And Effectiveness Of Prostate Cancer Screening In Elderly Menby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (2004)
"In 1992, Medicare reimbursements were $89 for a diagnostic TRUS by itself and $189 for a TRUS-guided biopsy. Transrectal needle biopsy Modern transrectal ..."