Definition of Nepal
1. Noun. A small landlocked Asian country high in the Himalayas between India and China.
Geographical relationships: Khukuri, Hindooism, Hinduism
Generic synonyms: Asian Country, Asian Nation
Terms within: Capital Of Nepal, Kathmandu, Katmandu, Anapurna, Annapurna, Changtzu, Dhaulagiri, Everest, Mount Everest, Mt. Everest, Himalaya, Himalaya Mountains, Himalayas, Kanchanjanga, Kanchenjunga, Kinchinjunga, Mount Kanchenjunga, Lhotse, Makalu, Nuptse
Group relationships: Asia
Member holonyms: Nepalese, Nepali, Sherpa
Definition of Nepal
1. Proper noun. A country in South Asia between China and India. Official Name: Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nepal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nepal
Literary usage of Nepal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"It was said that he protected the temple in the Gaulish invasion. nepal ... The third is a group of smaller rivers draining the great valley of nepal, ..."
2. Narratives of the mission of George Bogle to Tibet, and of the journey of by George Bogle, Clements R. Markham, Thomas Manning (1876)
"Dr. Hamilton's work on nepal is illustrated by a " Map of the Dominions of the ... Mr. Brian Hodgson's physical map of nepal, showing the river systems, ..."
3. The Imperial Gazetteer of India by William Wilson Hunter (1886)
"Strictly speaking, the name nepal applies only to the valley in which Khatmandu is ... nepal lies, with an inclination from north-west to south-east, ..."
4. Report of the Annual Meeting (1860)
"Local mean solar time has been used throughout." Report on a Series of Skulls of various Tribes of Mankind Inhabiting nepal, collected, and presented to the ..."
5. The Journal of Botany: Being a Second Series of the Botanical Miscellany by William Jackson Hooker (1840)
"Hook, in Schwaegr. Suppl. L 214. Wall. Cat. n. 7601.—HAB. nepal. 62. ... nepal—An inch in height, of a brilliant shining green. ..."
6. A Collection of Treaties, Engagements, and Sanads Relating to India and by India Foreign and Political Dept (1892)
"Commercial Treaty concluded with nepal, dated 1st March 1792 . 166 LIII.—Treaty with nepal for the establishment of a Residency at Khat- mandu, dated 1801 . ..."