Definition of Nesting
1. Verb. (present participle of nest) ¹
2. Noun. The process by which a bird nests. ¹
3. Noun. (computing) The enclosure of one loop, block, etc. of code inside another. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nesting
1. nest [v] - See also: nest
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nesting Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nesting
Literary usage of Nesting
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1920)
"Now this year (1920) I have given especial attention to the nesting of this ... That they are nesting in as great numbers as ever there can be no doubt; ..."
2. The Condor by Cooper Ornithological Society, Cooper Ornithological Club (1899)
"notably Baird, Brewer and Ridg- way, very little has been known of its nesting habits. I have made a special study of our Duck family and have personally ..."
3. The Cornhill Magazine by George Smith (1908)
"BIRD-nesting AND BIRD-NESTERS. BY ALEXANDER INNES SHAND. ANY country-bred boy who is worth his salt takes to bird-nesting as naturally as ducklings to the ..."
4. Dwarf Mistletoes: Biology, Pathology, and Systematics by Frank G. Hawksworth, Delbert Wiens (1998)
"Dwarf mistletoe was rare on the study site, and all large witches' brooms observed were utilized as nesting sites. Similar observations were reported near ..."
5. Field Book of Birds of the Southwestern United States by Roger Tory Peterson, Gilbert Haven Trafton, Luther E. Wyman, Elizabeth F. Burnell (1916)
"Change in nesting-habits. Many birds have changed their nesting-habits to ... The purple martin has left its nesting-sites in hollow trees and now nests ..."
6. Bird-life: A Guide to the Study of Our Common Birds by Frank Michler Chapman (1901)
"THE nesting SEASON.* IF yon would really know birds, you must study them ... Time of nesting.—With most birds the nesting season is periodic and annual. ..."
7. Camps and Cruises of an Ornithologist: By Frank M. Chapman by Frank Michler Chapman (1908)
"BIRD-nesting WITH BURROUGHS When two men whose combined years exceed five-score, can go a-bird-nesting with ail enthusiasm which knows no decrease, ..."