Definition of Nests
1. Noun. (plural of nest) ¹
2. Verb. (third-person singular of nest) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nests
1. nest [v] - See also: nest
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nests Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nests
Literary usage of Nests
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Boys Handy Book by Daniel Carter Beard (1890)
"Last summer Mr. Lang Gibson brought me one of these two-story nests which ... This time both nests were inhabited and contained eggs ; the lower story is a ..."
2. The Encyclopedia Americana: A Library of Universal Knowledge (1918)
"Some birds' nests are marvels of skill, ingenuity and adornment; while others, ... Classifying nests.— Several of the earlier writers on ornithology have ..."
3. The Spider Book: A Manual for the Study of the Spiders and Their Near by John Henry Comstock (1912)
"THE nests OF SPIDERS The nest-building habit is found both among spiders that build ... RETREAT OF ARAMEA THADDEUS nests are even more numerous than are the ..."
4. The Auk: Quarterly Journal of Ornithology by American Ornithologists' Union, Nuttall Ornithological Club (1896)
"On June 18, he found 4 nests, each containing i egg ; 3 nests with 2 eggs ... On June 23 he again walked over the ground and noted 3 nests of i egg each ..."
5. Report (1900)
"By stretching a fyke net across the mouth of the bay in which the nests are made, ... In the thirteen nests which were observed to be built in advance of ..."
6. Cyclopædia of India and of Eastern and Southern Asia, Commercial, Industrial by Edward Balfour (1871)
"The nests used by the Chinese, are brought principally from Java and Sumatra ... The nests are composed of a mucilaginous substance, but as yet have never ..."
7. Report (1913)
"The parent birds did not use any of the tree nests again. The net results of the seven pair ... One of the other nests was abandoned after two eggs had been ..."