Definition of Nigerian
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Nigeria.
Generic synonyms: African
Specialized synonyms: Hausa, Haussa, Edo, Igbo, Yoruba
2. Adjective. Of or relating to Nigeria. "The Nigerian capital used to be Lagos"
3. Adjective. Of or relating to the people of Nigeria. "A Nigerian novelist won the Nobel Prize for literature this year"
Definition of Nigerian
1. Noun. A person from Nigeria or of Nigerian descent. ¹
2. Adjective. Of, from, or pertaining to Nigeria, the Nigerian people or culture. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nigerian Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nigerian
Literary usage of Nigerian
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Price of Oil: Corporate Responsibility and Human Rights Violations in by Bronwen Manby (1999)
"OIL WEALTH AND THE nigerian CONSTITUTION Conflict in the Niger Delta is directly related to the debates, ongoing since before independence, ..."
2. The Annual Register edited by Edmund Burke (1908)
"... Holdings Bill Passes the Commons—Its Reception in the Lords—The Deceased Wife's Sister Bill—Minor Measures—The Transvaal Loan—The nigerian Railway— The ..."
3. The United Nations System: The Policies of Member States by Chadwick F. Alger, Gene Martin Lyons, John E. Trent (1995)
"In his address in 1991 to newly appointed nigerian ambassadors, Foreign Minister Nwachukwu stressed the prominence of economic mission as their new mandate. ..."
4. The Effects of Trade and Exchange Rate Policies on Agriculture in Nigeria by T. Ademola Oyejide (1986)
"... where agriculture is a large sector of the economy, nigerian agriculture interacts with, and is highly vulnerable to, changes in other sectors. ..."
5. Agricultural Research Policy in Nigeria by Francis Sulemanu Idachaba (1980)
"PROPOSALS FOR A nigerian AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH SYSTEM Food Crops Research Federal government financing of agricultural research institutes should be ..."
6. Regionalism: Problems and Prospects by Bertus De Villiers, Jabu Sindane (1993)
"... Composition of regional institutions The nigerian experience 5.1 Introduction Isawa ... nigerian ..."
7. The Sme Financing Gap by OECD., Oecd (2006)
"... can also help informal financial bodies to move towards the formal sector. Box A.5. The nigerian Small and Medium Industries Equity Investment Scheme ..."
8. The Romance of Savage Life: Describing the Life of Primitive Man, His by George Francis Scott Elliot (1908)
"... Bushman's hunting bow—One- stringed fiddle — Apollo's tortoise — Trumpets — Bullroarer — Torture dances—Devil-dance of Celebes—A nigerian pastoral. ..."