2. Adjective. That does not involve animals ¹
3. Noun. That which is not an animal. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonanimal
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonanimal Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonanimal
Literary usage of Nonanimal
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Toxicity Testing for Assessment of Environmental Agents: Interim Report by National Academies Press (U.S.) (2006)
"In toxicology, such nonanimal approaches include physiochemical measures, ... Some nonanimal methods can serve as screens to limit the number of chemicals ..."
2. The Mycenaean Feast by James C. Wright (2004)
"... is responsible for a much smaller assemblage of nonanimal foodstuffs. ... the placement and nonanimal contributions of the social/land organization ..."
3. The World's Best Essays, from the Earliest Period to the Present Time by David Josiah Brewer, Edward Archibald Allen, William Schuyler (1900)
"... fulfilling a law of her Creator, yet a law which rests upon her mixed constitution; animal, though indefinitely ascending to what is nonanimal — as a ..."
4. Essentials for Animal Research: A Primer for Research Personnel by B. Taylor Bennett (1996)
"... Vitro Techniques - The most commonly recognized nonanimal living systems are those which fall into the broad category of in vitro methods such as organ, ..."
5. Crowned Masterpieces of Literature that Have Advanced Civilization: As by Edward Archibald Allen, William Schuyler (1908)
"... though indefinitely ascending to what is nonanimal — as a daughter of man, frail . . . and imperfect, yet also as a daughter of God, standing erect, ..."