¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Noncircular
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Noncircular Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Noncircular
Literary usage of Noncircular
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The International Journal of Orthodontia and Oral Surgery (1921)
"... being fixed to the arch wire, the post and socket members being noncircular in cross section to hold the post against relative, rotative movement. ..."
2. Descartes and the Hyperbolic Quest: Lens Making Machines and Their by D. Graham Burnett (2005)
"... into use at least a century before.62 The currency of such mechanical modifications of the lathe—noncircular rotations for cutting aspherical forms, ..."
3. The Teaching of Geometry by David Eugene Smith (1911)
"It is easy to prove this for noncircular cones as well, but since they are not met commonly in practice, they may be omitted in elementary geometry. ..."
4. Decadal Survey of Civil Aeronautics: Foundation for the Future by National Research Council (U.S.) (2006)
"Demonstrate high-performance, low-drag, noncircular inlet designs (NIA, 2005). • Obtain flight test data on noise, emissions, human annoyance caused by ..."
5. Genomic Signal Processing and Statistics by Edward R Dougherty (2005)
"When spot shapes are highly noncircular, adaptive shape segmentation techniques, such as seeded region growing, can improve spot regions identification ..."