¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Noncorroding
Lexicographical Neighbors of Noncorroding
Literary usage of Noncorroding
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annual Report by Indiana State Board of Health (1915)
"... true and finished to a smooth finish. a. Metal Stacks—In lieu of a dividing wall, a metal stack of not less than No. 16 gauge, noncorroding metal, ..."
2. Report of the Secretary of Agriculture by United States Dept. of Agriculture (1890)
"... it is ground between millstones or in a rag engine (system Rasch & Kirchner). To avoid the acid reaction, and the necessity of noncorroding ..."
3. School Hygiene by Fletcher Bascom Dresslar (1913)
"The outer edges of the glass slabs should rest in a framework of noncorroding metal, to prevent breakage. Naturally, the back of the stall should incline ..."
4. State and County School Administration by Ellwood Patterson Cubberley, Edward Charles Elliott (1922)
"There shall be an opening back of each seat of not less than 10 square inches of area, covered by a screen of noncorroding material. ..."
5. Managing Audiovisual Recordsby William T. Murphy by William T. Murphy (1998)
"(c) For the storage of permanent or unscheduled records, use audiovisual storage containers or enclosures made of noncorroding metal, inert plastics, ..."
6. The Indian Forester (1891)
"To- »void the acid reaction, and the necessity of noncorroding vessel linings, the addition of neutral sulphites has been proposed, when the organic acids ..."
7. Descriptive Mineralogy by William Shirley Bayley (1917)
"... stove and other polishes, and of black paint for metal surfaces, for both of which it is especially valuable on account of its noncorroding properties. ..."
8. Appleton's New Practical Cyclopedia: A New Work of Reference Based Upon the edited by Marcus Benjamin, Arthur Elmore Bostwick, Gerald Van Casteel, George Jotham Hagar (1920)
"Screw propellers are made of cast iron, cast steel, or bronze, the latter being preferred on account of its noncorroding qualities. ..."