2. Noun. One who does not belong to an ethnic minority. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonethnic
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonethnic Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonethnic
Literary usage of Nonethnic
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Preventing Deadly Conflict edited by David A. Hamburg, Cyrus R. Vance (1998)
"... establishing a proportional electoral system; developing a nonethnic federal structure; and encouraging cross-ethnic coalitions. At its root, however, ..."
2. Dilemmas of Independence: Ukraine After Totalitarianism by Alexander J. Motyl (1993)
"... begun to think in nonethnic terms. The overwhelming vote favoring independence in the December 1991 referendum cannot be insignificant, ..."
3. One America Indivisible: A National Conversation on American Pluralism and by Sheldon Hackney (1999)
"... A nonethnic CONSCIOUSNESS The flip side of this intense sense of ethnicity is, of course, no feeling of ethnicity at all. One of the obvious downsides ..."
4. International Religious Freedom (2000): Report to Congress by the Department edited by Barbara Larkin (2001)
"The nonethnic Fijian community, which constitutes slightly less than half the population, consists primarily of Indo-Fijians and, in much smaller numbers, ..."
5. Hope for South Africa? by Lewis H. Gann, Peter Duignan (1991)
"A market-oriented system, by contrast, operates on the nonethnic principle of profitability. In a fully socialized economy, the citizens' very livelihood ..."
6. The Moldovans: Romania, Russia, and the Politics of Culture by Charles King (2000)
"... seats in the assembly in 1994, nonethnic questions of economic reform tended to dominate the agenda. The economic malaise in the country allowed the new ..."
7. Confessions at Any Cost: Police Torture in Russia by Diederik Lohman (1999)
"... commonly serves as a pretext for police extortion, especially against nonethnic Russians.217 The conduct of the Moscow police is particularly predatory: ..."
8. Multiple Origins, Uncertain Destinies: Hispanics And the American Future by Marta Tienda, Faith Mitchell (2006)
"Most simply, Hispanics may have nonethnic consumer tastes (and non-Hispanics may be attracted to Hispanic food and culture). ..."