¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonfarmer
1. [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonfarmer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonfarmer
Literary usage of Nonfarmer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Determinants of Agricultural Policies in the United States and the European by Michel Petit (1985)
"As the result of pressure from nonfarmer groups, payments to individual farmers were limited. These pressures also led to an explicit alliance with urban ..."
2. Rice Market Liberalization and Poverty in Viet Nam by Nicholas Minot, Francesco Goletti (2000)
"... are defined according to the most important source of income. Thus, under this definition, a nonfarmer may have some agricultural production and income. ..."
3. South Korea: A Country Study by Andrea Matles Savada, William Shaw (1992)
"nonfarmer ownership of tenant farmland also increased to 63 percent in 1985. The farmers who rented land were mainly the small-landed farmers adversely ..."
4. Scale and Access Issues Affecting Smallholder Hog Producers in an Expanding by Achilles Costales (2006)
"... as the profits between integrator and grower and is profitable in general for both smallholders and the nonfarmer member investors of the cooperative. ..."
5. Transcending Boundaries: Natural Resource Management from Summit to Sea edited by Rabel J. Burdge (2001)
"Based on random sample survey data from northern Utah's Cache County, this study compares farmer and nonfarmer attitudes on agricultural zoning, ..."
6. Statistical Abstract of the United States by United States. Bureau of the Census, United States Bureau of Foreign and Domestic Commerce, United States Dept. of the Treasury. Bureau of Statistics (1879)
"... LABOR, AND MANAGEMENT: 1924 TO 1936 ¡In million« of dollars] ' Current operating costs less amounts estimated as paid by nonfarmer landlords. ..."