2. Adjective. (biology) Unable to fly, as of a bird. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Nonflying
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Nonflying Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Nonflying
Literary usage of Nonflying
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Military Personnel: Actions Needed to Better Define Pilot Requirements and by Mark E. Gebicke, Brenda S. Farrell (2000)
"As a result of their requirements determination processes, a substantial number of nonflying positions are included in their requirements. ..."
2. Naval Policy of the United States: Hearings Before the Committee on Naval by Committee on Naval Affairs, United States, Congress, House (1921)
"The air forces must Be handled in the air, and not by a nonflying personnel at a desk. (Thereupon, at 5 o'clock pm, the committee adjourned. ..."
3. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 1996-1997 by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"The number of nonflying duties that pilots have depends on the employment setting. Airline pilots have the services of large support staffs, ..."
4. Occupational Outlook Handbook, 1994-1995 by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"The number of nonflying duties that pilots have depends on the employment setting. Airline pilots have the services of large support staffs and consequently ..."